Sunday, July 25, 2010

Garbanzo Bean Salad


So today it is time for you to be bored/titillated/frustrated/excited by one of my non-recipe recipes.

Sorry.



I have been making a version of this for so many years now I can do it in my sleep. It was my go-to lunch when I was teaching and I hadn't planned well for lunch.  Easy to toss with ingredients on hand - all  you need is a base of garbanzo beans.


Garbanzo Bean Salad

Any combination of the following:
Garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained (really, canned works just fine here)
Spinach, chopped
Cucumbers, diced
Pear tomatoes, cut in half if large
Feta cheese, crumbled (if possible, spend the extra to buy a really good one.  It will make the salad!)
Basil

Toss whatever combination of ingredients you design.  Add salt and pepper to taste.

And if you desire a dressing, mix two parts balsamic vinegar to one part olive oil and one part dijon mustard.  Will change your life as you know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment