Monday, November 7, 2011

A silly meal, or Pigs in a Blanket


This meal came from a commercial we saw for Pillsbury.  My mom used to make these about once a year and I was curious if Bo had ever tried them.  He was pretty sure he had tasted them at a party but to be sure we decided we MUST make them.
 
Plus we decided it would be fun to have the again.


The recipe came straight from Pillsbury's website.  First I must admit, I dont like hot dogs very much so I never buy them - and I was shocked at how high in fat and calories the beef ones were.  The pork weren't much better so since neither of us are connoisseurs, and there would be other ingredients along for the ride, I got the turkey ones.

We didn't regret it.  We couldn't even tell.  So for a quick Sunday night dinner, I wrapped crescents from a can over processed cheese and turkey dogs.  Not my typical fare but it was a fun blast from the past.

I can't imagine deciding to do this again, but if I do, I will be able to come back here and get this quick and easy recipe.

Pigs in a Blanket (recipe by Pillsbury)

8 hot dogs
4 slices (3/4 oz each) American cheese, each cut into 6 strips
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls

Heat oven to 375°F. Slit hot dogs to within 1/2 inch of ends; insert 3 strips of cheese into each slit.

Separate dough into triangles. Wrap dough triangle around each hot dog. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, cheese side up.

Bake at 375°F. for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.






No comments:

Post a Comment