Friday, September 2, 2011

Bo and Kim's CSA Adventure: Summer Squash Salad



I have always loved the idea of yellow squash but have not exactly known what to do with it.  Hmmm, lets grill it again.  Boring!

If it was a green zucchini I would make bread, but Im not sure it has the same effect with the yellow variety.  So with only the idea of grilling dancing around my head I decided to consult the internet.  And boy am I glad I did!

Summer Squash salad was a great idea that I found several variations of.  I played around and came up with this one.  It takes light and cool, a great side dish for grilled pork chops!


Summer Squash Salad

1 lb yellow summer squash
2 T blue cheese, crumbled
1/4 c snipped chives
salt and pepper
1T olive oil, optional

Clean the squash then peel the outer layer off and idscard.  Using hte peeler, peel ribbons of squash into a bowl, stopping whrn you get to the seeds.

Toss with the blue cheese and chives then add salt and pepper to taste.  If the salad needds a fruity flavor add 1 T good olive oil.  Let sit for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors meld.  Serve cold or at room temperature.  

No comments:

Post a Comment