Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Lindrusso's Spinach Balls


So my group of foodie friends may laugh at me for reviewing this recipe.  After all, we have been using this recipe for years.  It is almost an old friend instead of a new recipe.  However it is viewed, it is still very popular amongst the "gang" and is still used frequently....

So this appetizer was made popular on the Cooking Light Bulletin Board years ago by member Lindrusso.  It has been passed around, discussed, debated, and well loved.  This is the first time I have made it for Bo and his friends.  He LOVED it!  He declared it one of his favorites.  I served it at our Super Bowl party amongst the other fun apps with a spicy mustard and those little rounds balls of deliciousness flew off the table!

Now for the details.  Of all the times I have made this, this is hte first time I have followed the recipe to a "T."  I usually don't use the stuffing mix.  I usually use Italian style bread crumbs - and I have to say I prefer my usual way.  So from now on, bread crumbs. 

I have given you the recipe as-written.  Please make it and have fun!

SPINACH BALLS

2 packages frozen chopped spinach -- (10-ounce), thawed and squeezed dry
2 cups crushed herb stuffing mix -- (Peppridge Farms seasoned bread crumbs)
1 cup firmly packed grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup butter -- melted
4 scallions -- chopped
3 beaten eggs
1 dash nutmeg

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Shape into 1-inch balls. Cover and refrigerate or freeze until ready to bake. Arrange spinach balls on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10 to 15 minutes at 350 or until lightly browned. Serve with your favorite mustard for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment