Monday, February 21, 2011

Jalapeno Popper Dip


One more recipe from the Super Bowl, before we get too far away from it...

First of all, you know me - any recipe where I get to roast peppers is an instant winner!  Now this one didn't call for the roasting, but I love to do it and it lends a nice smoky flavor, so why not!


I'm not sure where the original recipe came from.  I found it from a blogger who found it from a blogger etc.  Each has made their own changes, including me, and I encourage you to do the same. 

Know going in, this is a rich treat.  But really, would it be a Super Bowl party if you served salads?  It has a well-balanced flavor with a slow, mild heat that hits you in the back of the throat.  I served it with tortilla chips but it would also be fabulous with a crusty bread, lightly toasted. 


If I were you, I would find a quick reason to throw a party and make this dip.  Maybe the college basketball finals?
Jalapeno Popper Dip

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 greek yogurt
2 jalapeno peppers, roasted
1/2 cup shredded Mexican style cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an oven safe serving dish with non-stick cooking spray.

2. Using an electric mixer, blend the cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth.

3. Stir in green chilies, jalapeno peppers, and Mexican and mozzarella cheeses. Spoon this mixture into the prepared baking dish.

4. Mix together the Panko and parmesan cheese and sprinkle it over the cream cheese mixture.

5. Spray the Panko and parmesan with a quick spray of non-stick cooking spray.

6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the mixture is hot and the topping is lightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment