Friday, June 18, 2010

Linguine with Grilled Salmon


Attempt # 10,000 to fall in love with salmon. I'm really not a glutton for punishment.  I know I don't need to love everying in nature, or even everyting I eat.  But salmon is sooooo good for you, and I have a husband who loves it.

So onward I trudge.

One surefire way for me to eat it at least somewhat happily is to hide is amongst other flavors I desire.  Like pasta.  And creamy sauces.

So I made some changes in construction to a recipe that looked promising and came up with this, Linguine with Grilled Salmon.  If possible, have a friend or loved one help you with the last minute details as suddenly its time for everything to happen all at once and you only have two hands.  At least I do.


SO while I slaved over a hot stove boiling the pasta and simmering the sauce, Bo stood over The Egg  grilling salmon to perfection.  A perfectly orchestrated ending brought the salmon in to be sliced as the pasta was being tossed with the sauce.

Flavors melded together beautifully - I do think for all it's health benefits, salmon secretly loves a great cream sauce!  And be careful who you serve it to.  You might discover your two-year old niece loves salmon!

Linguine with Grilled Salmon (Adapted from Cooking Light)

8 ounces uncooked linguine
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 plum tomatoes, chopped
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup half-and-half
1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 lb salmon

Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Place pasta in a large bowl; keep warm.

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and tomatoes; sauté 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in half-and-half and simmer for 2 minutes. Gently toss with the warm pasta and continue to keep warm.

Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the salmon.  Prepare a medium grill, or indoor grill pan, and cook the salmon until firm to the touch, 5-8 minutes (this time will depend on how thick your salmon is.)  Slice and place over pasta.  Sprinkle with parley

No comments:

Post a Comment