Monday, July 6, 2009

Back in the kitchen

We spent the weekend in IN with the family. Here are a few photos:

My little great-niece - notice the William-Sonoma catalog - she is a foodie in training!



Bo with my nephew Skyler


Our dog, Foxy, is not happy about the small creatures (children) walking around the house!




When we came home, I wanted something quick and easy for dinner. I had a small sourdough pizza dough in the freezer as well as some smoked pulled pork. I made a quick BBQ sauce, did a saute on the chopped green peppers and onions and shredded a smoked gouda.

I had trouble rolling out the dough - it was almost "watery" - it wanted to pull apart so I had to work very carefully with it. After baking it for 5 minutes, I turned it over, spread the bbq sauce on and sprinkled the pulled pork. I added the sauteed veggies and shredded cheese and baked it for 10 more minutes. Turned out pretty good, altho Im not sure I like sourdough with the toppings. I think the wheat crust I use would have been better.


This morning I started on dinner for tomorrow night. I will be out tonight, so no food review. However tomorrow we are having company so will be having a larger dinner than usual.

Sneak "peak" into tomorrow night: I am making a Chicken White Bean Chili, Ozark Cornbread and Broccoli Slaw. Dessert will be a simple Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin, seen below.


Reviews, pics and recipes to be posted Wednesday morning. Hope everyone had a great 4th!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment