Monday, March 28, 2011

Pork Chops with Chipotle Rub


I found a fabulous recipe in my Sunset cookbook for a pork tenderloin with a creamy pumpkin seed sauce.  Well I really didn't want to make the sauce but the rub caught my eye so I grabbed some pork chops from the freezer, made the rub/marinade and went to work! 

If you love recipes that are simple to make but have hours of flavor then try this one.  It has a rich flavor and mild heat that would be great with chicken and fish too.  The pork chop was grilled to tender juicy perfection, but then again that isn't me, that is all Bo!


Chipotle Marinade for Pork Chops

  • 4  canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, chopped, plus 2 tbsp. sauce
  • 1/4  cup  orange juice
  • 1  tablespoon  light brown sugar
  • 2 lbs pork loin or pork chop
In a small bowl, combine chiles, sauce, orange juice, and sugar. Put pork in a baking dish and add marinade, turning pork to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment