Friday, December 31, 2010

Kim's version of Chex Party Mix

This is the simplest of recipes.  It is made by me every holiday under threat of death by my family!  I have spent years tweaking until I think it is about perfect. 

It is lower calorie than the original printed version and I have what I feel is the perfect blend of snacks to mix with the spices.

In case anyone out these is looking for an update of the original recipe, here is mine!

Kim's version of Chex Party Mix

4 cups Corn Chex
4 cups Wheat Chex
2 cups Cheez-it crackers
2 cups garlic flavor bagel chips or Gardettos
4 T butter
2 T Worcestershire sauce
2 t seasoned salt
3/4 t garlic powder
1/2 t onion powder


In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals, nuts, pretzels and bagel chips; set aside. In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 40 seconds or until melted. Stir in seasonings. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.

Microwave uncovered on Medium (50%) 5 to 6 minutes, thoroughly stirring every 2 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.
































No comments:

Post a Comment