Monday, July 19, 2010

Swiss Chard with Pasta


As my love affair with chard continues,  I am on a mission.  I want you to love it too.


I want you to see the beautiful stems of the rainbow chard.  I want you to experience the green scent that rises up in the air when your knife slices through.  And I really want you to know the delight of the garlic-infused-olive-oil wilt of a perfectly cooked batch.

So please, help to make me a very happy person and try some chard today!


Swiss Chard with Pasta (Adapted from FoodTV)

8 ounces pasta of choice, cooked and drained
1 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped or thinly sliced
1 pound Swiss chard, washed, stems removed and coarsely chopped
1/2 cup red wine
1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes, chopped
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper
  
In a large skillet heat the oil and stir in the onion. Cook for 2 minutes and stir in the garlic. Add the chopped Swiss chard and toss to coat. Pour in the wine or stock and stir to coat. When the chard begins to wilt, stir in the tomatoes and red pepper flakes. Do not over cook the chard. It is ready to serve just after it has wilted.

Immediately add the cooked pasta and toss to coat. 


    No comments:

    Post a Comment