Monday, June 21, 2010

Dark Chocolate Sorbet

O.M.G.

I'm really not sure how to begin.  I'm at a loss.  Finding the words to properly describe this frozen treat may be an impossibility.

Let's see:  Rich.  Creamy.  Pudding-esque...and all in a sorbet.

Yes my friends, this is a sorbet.  Dark and chocolaty, smooth and creamy, and lower calorie!


I truly believe the key to doing this well is to use very dark chocolate, and to use very good quality chocolate.  I used Ghirladelhi 60% dark caoco chips

I wouldn't go any lighter than this and I don't think I would use a lesser brand.  If you do, you might lose some of the unique fugdy flavor. 
  
Creamy Dark Chocolate Sorbet (From Baking From My Home to Yours)

1      cup         milk
1      cup         water
3/4  cup          sugar
8     oz            bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped

Stir all ingredients together in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Put over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Lower the temperature and boil 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and watching closely - as the potential for boil-overs is high.

Pour mixture into a heatproof bowl and refrigerate until chilled.

Add mixture to your ice cream maker and churn according to maker's directions.

Pack sorbet into a container and freeze at least 2 hours, until firm enough to scoop.

2 comments:

  1. It's official - I need an ice cream maker. Or you could just mail some to me? Yeah?

    ReplyDelete