Saturday, December 19, 2009

Mom's Cranberry Bread


cranberry bread, originally uploaded by Kim De.

No, not my mom. Not really sure WHOSE mom. Like lots of my recipes, this has been floating around the CLBB, highly recommended, for several years.

I mentioned in my last post that I wanted to try more cranberry recipes so when person after person raved about this recipe I knew it was worth a try.

I didnt do much to change the original ingredients, I just subbed mini chocolate chips for the nuts. I was surprised when the chip all floated to the bottom and gathered in a group, but not all surprises are bad!

Be warned, it is sticky sweet. The orange juice makes it quite moist, but also makes for a sweet contrast for the tart cranberry pieces.

And I must tell you, it is beautiful to look at!

Mom's Cranberry Bread (CLBB)

2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 cup cranberries -- Fresh or frozen; washed and chopped or halved
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 beaten egg
3 tablespoons oil
1 cup orange juice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift dry ingredients together. Add cranberries and chocolate chips, tossing gently. Mix eggs, orange juice and oil in a bowl; add to dry ingredients, cranberries and nuts. Mix slightly. Bake in greased loaf pan for one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment