Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Italian Stir Fry


stir fry, originally uploaded by Kim De.

This will be my last blog until next week, as early tomorrow I head to the Hoosier state for my sister's wedding. To finish up the week of recipes, I decided to write my own. Bo has been requesting stir fry but Im not a fan of the sticky sauces that my brain conjures up upon hearing “stir fry", so I decided to go fusion. Sooo... Introducing Italian Stir Fry

I began by making a garlic, lemon chili olive oil. I crushed 4 cloves of garlic and added to to 3 T of olive oil in a shallow pan. I cooked this slowly, being careful not to let the garlic brown too much, about 10 minutes. I then added 2 t of lemon zest and 1 t of cracked red pepper, with sea salt and black pepper. I took this off the stove and allowed it to cool and meld.

For the rest of the recipe:

Italian Stir Fry

1 T garlic oil
1/3 red onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
5 large shrimp
½ bag frozen broccoli crowns
1 T balsamic vinegar
1 T capers
Grated Parmesan cheese to taste

Heat 1 t oil in pan and cook the onion and garlic until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. In the meantime, boil water and when rolling, add the broccoli to flash cook, about 1 minute. Drain.
Add 1 more t of oil and drained broccoli to the pan, cooking about 2minutes. Add additional 1 T of oil and shrimp and cook, stirring everything together for another 2 minutes. Add the 1 T balsamic vinegar and 1 T capers and quickly stir everything together until shrimp is cooked through, 1-2 minutes.

Serve over pasta or rice with grated Parmesan and cracked red pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment